Saturday, October 22, 2011

Anecdote

My dad is very upfront with me. So we always argue over ridiculous things all the time.
I was in an argument with my dad one day after our team had lost a game to a team we had full capability of beating. I was not happy when I noticed that he had left after they had scored 2 goals on me in the 3rd period; tying the game up. I said, “That is not something a dad does to their own child, I needed your support the most and you walk out on me!” there was a long pause, “Well,” sighed Dad, “I was upset and embarrassed, I knew you can do better than that. Maybe next time you can wake up.” So I felt like he was just another fan with no importance to me. With an angry tone I replied, “Dad, sometimes I think I’m adopted.” My dad grins and glances at me sarcastically, “Shelby if you were adopted, do you think I would have chosen you?”

1 comment: